More able and talented’ is the term used at Thornton to describe those students with a high level of ability in academic subjects and / or talent in the expressive or creative arts or sports. Within the classroom and beyond, teaching staff will ensure that your daughter is stretched and challenged so that she is able to reach her full potential.
As a member of NACE (National Association for Able Children in Education), all staff have access to a wide range of resources and are able to keep abreast of developments in this area of education. An impressive variety of co-curricular clubs help to nurture the talents of our girls and throughout the year, projects may be introduced to spark their interest and encourage their passions.
At Thornton we aim to provide:
- A classroom climate that promotes excellence
- Planned opportunities for demonstrating and developing high levels of aptitude
- Systematic encouragement and specific praise
- Scope for intellectual initiative
- Quality assessment and focused feedback