The Parents' Association of Thornton College is called The Friends of Thornton, or FOT for short.
The Friends organise social events for parents and the Thornton Fete, raising significant sums of money each year for the School. They have recently paid for a super trim trail, new staging, a sewing and felting machine to enhance the textile work - building on the success of work done with the heat transfer press, software for the Learning Support and Maths Departments, playground equipment, £500 for Library books and materials for the gardening club.
FOT meetings take place at Thornton three times each term. New parents are always welcome! All our meetings are at school. If you would like to come along, please come to the main school reception.
The FOT organise a number of events throughout the school year, the most famous of which is the Thornton Fete. Our School Fete is held in June each year and is one of the largest and finest traditional country fetes in the country. Thousands of visitors join us every year for a marvellous family day out.
CONFIRMED 2018 EVENTS
- Sunday 24th June. Thornton Summer Fete and Fun Dog Show - 12.30pm to 4.00pm
- Wednesday 4th July. Centenary Celebration Tea - 3.30pm to 6.00pm
- Saturday 6th October. Quiz Night - 7.30pm to 10.30pm
- Thursday 17th October. Thornton’s Birthday Fireworks (celebrating our 101st year)
- Saturday 1st December. Christmas Fayre - 11.30am to 3.00pm
Please note: Further events will be added to our calendar when dates are confirmed.
For more information please contact email@example.com