The Parents' Association of Thornton College is called The Friends of Thornton, or FOT for short.
The FoT organise social events for the girls and parents, including the Thornton Fete and Dog Show, raising significant sums of money each year for the School.
Thanks to your help and support of our fundraising events, the FoT have recently purchased:
- The building for The Friends Café
- Kiln for the Art Department
- Multi-level staging for the Drama and Music Departments
- Sewing and felting machine to enhance the textile work in DT and Art
- PA System for outdoor events
- Inspirational canvases to motive students in the Business Department
- Hurdles for the PE Department
FOT meetings take place at Thornton three times each term. New parents are always welcome! All our meetings are at school. If you would like to come along, please contact us at email@example.com.
The FoT organise a number of events throughout the school year, the most famous of which is the Thornton Fete and Dog Show. The fete is held in June each year and is one of the largest and finest traditional country fetes in the country. Thousands of visitors join us every year for a marvellous family day out.
CONFIRMED 2018 EVENTS
- Saturday 6th October. Quiz Night - 7.30pm to 10.30pm
- Wednesday 17th October. Thornton’s Birthday Fireworks (celebrating our 101st year)
- Saturday 1st December. Christmas Market - 12.00 noon to 3.00pm
Please note: Further events will be added to our calendar when dates are confirmed.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org