Who we are
We are called the Friends of Thornton, or FoT for short! We are a small, fun, friendly group of Parents, Grandparents and Godparents who work tirelessly in our fundraising efforts for the girls benefit to enhance their experience at Thornton College.
What we do
The FoT committee organise many social events for parents and girls throughout the school year, such as the Thornton Summer Fête & Fun Dog show, Christmas Market, Anniversary Firework Night, Quiz Night, Celebration Tea and School Discos to name a few! These much loved events raise significant sums of money each year!
We also run Nearly New, the pre-loved uniform shop! We buy unwanted uniform and sell at inexpensive prices. Take a look at our Nearly New page in the parent information section of the Thornton College website for opening times etc. or email email@example.com.
What happens to the money raised?
The money raised from our events goes towards purchasing those fabulous, non-curricular extras to make the girls' (and parents'!) time at Thornton as enriching as possible.
We have recently purchased:
- The building for the very popular ‘Friends’ Café'
- Kiln for firing ceramics for the Art Department
- Sewing and Felting machine to enhance textile work in DT and Art
- Hurdles for the PE Department
- Multi-level staging for the Drama and Music Departments
- PA system for outside events
- Inspirational Canvases to motivate students in the Business Department
- A beautiful KAWAI Grand Piano for the school Assembly Hall
FOT meetings take place at Thornton three times each term. New parents are always welcome! All our meetings are at school. If you would like to come along, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The FoT organise a number of events throughout the school year, the most famous of which is the Thornton Fete and Dog Show. The fete is held in June each year and is one of the largest and finest traditional country fetes in the country. Thousands of visitors join us every year for a marvellous family day out.
- Saturday 1st December. Christmas Market - 12.00 noon to 3.00pm
With Artisan Trade Stalls, Secret Present Room and Santa's Grotto, to name but a few, this is a truly magical event for the run up to Christmas!
Please note: Further events will be added to our calendar when dates are confirmed.
For more information please contact email@example.com